Legal Associate (full-time, internship, freelance)
What we do
Libra is a category-defining, venture-backed generative AI startup. We’re building infrastructure for the legal system of tomorrow.
We’re driven by a mission to empower every claim owner to make use of their rights. In today’s world, access to the internet is easier than access to justice. We believe in the importance of robust legal systems and AI’s potential to remove many of the obstacles to accessing them. That’s why we’re developing an AI claims drafting factory, which will automatically deliver legal claims using LLMs.
As a fast-moving venture, we’ve closed three pilots with prominent enterprise customers and raised a 1mln EUR in a pre-seed investment from Merantix, Europe’s leading specialist AI Fund. Now we’re building the first prototypes and are looking for an exceptional lawyer to lead the legal aspects of our operations and bring us one step closer to making the vision of a fair, easy to access legal system a reality.
- Join a category-defining startup driving a legal system revolution.
- Established product-market fit: after over 300 interviews we have thoroughly validated AI use-cases in the legal industry and secured pilots with three prominent enterprise customers and secured a pre-seed funding round
- Opportunity to contribute to shaping the future of the legal system and work on challenging legal problems with direct impact on customer case outcomes
- Join a driven and dynamic top-tier team with deep legal and startup experience: top 40 under 40 lawyer, ex Oxford, Freshfields, EF, and second-time legaltech founder.
- Competitive salary with equity
- Flexible work arrangements, with access to a vibrant community at the AI Campus in Berlin
As a Legal Assosciate at Libra you will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for drafting and reviewing claims, along with supporting evidence and documentation. You will work in close collaboration with our legal partners and customers. You will drive legal aspects of our product development process and ensure the claims we deliver to customers are of the accuracy and quality.
- Work with our proprietary AI software to review evidence and case documentation, analyse damages, as well as draft and analyse legal claims and letters
- Review AI-generated claim drafts for legal and factual accuracy
- Assess AI-predictions and outcomes by analysing case timelines, strength of legal strategies, accuracy of damage figures
- Contribute to training our proprietary AI systems by analysing and classifying claim strategies and legal arguments
- Help engineer AI prompts and optimise argument structures
- Shape product development by interviewing and collecting feedback from legal partners
You are an exceptional lawyer with a proactive start-up mindset. The role and time-profile, can be adjusted based on your level of experience. The position can be an excellent entry-point into the next generation of legal practice for a law student/graduate, or an opportunity to shape the future of law by leading our legal operations for an experienced litigator.
- A law degree from a leading law school/university (or in progress)
- Admitted or on-track to practice law in Germany, in good academic and professional standing
- Strong legal work experience (or extracurricular activity)
- Strong persuasive writing skills, attention to detail and ability to analyse legal cases and arguments
- Outstanding legal research skills and demonstrated ability to learn quickly, swiftly picking up knowledge in new legal areas and processes
- Strong drive to shape the future of the legal system.
- Prior startup experience, particularly working in a legaltech environment
- Experience in one or more of the following legal fields: employment law, traffic law, consumer law, debt collection, mass claims.
- Copywriting/editing experience
- Tech-savvy, proactive mindset