Staff Data Scientist
What we do
Libra is a category-defining, venture-backed generative AI startup. We’re building the infrastructure for the legal system of tomorrow.
In today's world, more people have access to the internet than access to justice. The advent and rapid advancement of large language models offer an unprecedented opportunity not only to automate legal services, but to disrupt the whole industry. That’s why our mission is empowering every claim owner to make a full use of their rights.
We’re developing a claims drafting factory, which will automatically produce legal claim packages using AI. This will allow us to deliver an easier, more efficient, and higher quality legal service for customers.
As a fast-moving venture, we’ve closed three pilots with prominent enterprise customers and raised 1mln EUR in a pre-seed investment from Merantix, Europe’s leading specialist AI Fund. Now we’re growing the team to make our vision a reality.
- Join a category-defining startup driving a legal system revolution.
- Established product-market fit: after over 300 interviews we have thoroughly validated AI use-cases in the legal industry and secured pilots with three prominent enterprise customers
- Join a driven and dynamic top-tier team with deep legal and startup experience: top 40 under 40 lawyer, ex Oxford, Freshfields, EF, and previous legaltech founder.
- Become a part of the Merantix ecosystem with extensive AI expertise. Collaborate with a 60 persons strong, leading AI engineering team.
- Transparency: we believe in open standards and an open, transparent culture
- Innovation: we stay on the cutting-edge of AI development by pushing the limits every day.
- Trust: building in the legal industry, we emphasize trust, explainability, reliability, security, and data protection. Every claim and clients counts.
- Excellence: we surround ourselves with excellent colleagues and partners who want to build the best products, with high independence, enthusiasm and drive to make a real change.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to contribute to building and scaling a cutting-edge product at the frontier of LLM development
- Chance to tackle some of the hardest unsolved LLM product and engineering problems in the world
- Chance to contribute to shaping the future of the legal system, with vast market and impact potential
- Competitive salary with equity
- Flexible work arrangements, with access to a vibrant community of innovators at the AI Campus in Berlin
As a Staff Data Scientist at Libra, you will report directly to the Founder & CTO and lead our data science & analytics team, contributing to build AI applications. You will be responsible for our data architecture, data preparation and processing, as well as and ensure we can scale with consistent and standardised access to data stores.
- Screening and preparing datasets for rapid, iterative AI model experimentation
- Scraping and indexing legal datasets,
- Designing the architecture and building the data architecture and warehousing at Libra
- Ensuring data security and compliance
- Designing and organising data storage strategies
- Collaboration with engineering teams to design the product architecture
You are a talented, highly motivated and highly articulate tech leader at the forefront of ML innovation with a track record of leading technical teams in building successful software products.
- 2+ of data engineering experience, particularly in the NLP context
- Strong understanding and practical experience with MLOps tools
- Previous experience building out data warehousing, data pipelines, and architectures
- A track record of building high-quality products, code and infrastructure
- Strong drive to shape the future of the legal system.
- Prior startup experience.
- Exposure to product development in sensitive industries like legaltech, fintech, insurtech, or self-driving vehicles.
- Expertise in designing data security and compliance processes.