Lead Full-Stack Engineer
What We Do
Libra is a category-defining, venture-backed generative AI startup. We’re building the infrastructure for the legal system of tomorrow.
In today's world, more people have access to the internet than access to justice. The advent and rapid advancement of large language models offer an unprecedented opportunity not only to automate legal services, but to disrupt the whole industry. That’s why our mission is empowering every claim owner to make a full use of their rights.
We’re developing a claims drafting factory, which will automatically produce legal claim packages using AI. This will allow us to deliver an easier, more efficient, and higher quality legal service for customers.
As a fast-moving venture, we’ve closed three pilots with prominent enterprise customers and raised 1mln EUR in a pre-seed investment from Merantix, Europe’s leading specialist AI Fund. Now we’re growing the team to make our vision a reality.
- Join a category-defining startup driving a legal system revolution.
- Established product-market fit: after over 300 interviews we have thoroughly validated AI use-cases in the legal industry and secured pilots with three prominent enterprise customers
- Join a driven and dynamic top-tier team with deep legal and startup experience: top 40 under 40 lawyer, ex Oxford, Freshfields, EF, and previous legaltech founder.
- Become a part of the Merantix ecosystem with extensive AI expertise. Collaborate with a 60 persons strong, leading AI engineering team.
- Transparency: we believe in open standards and an open, transparent culture
- Innovation: we stay on the cutting-edge of AI development by pushing the limits every day.
- Trust: building in the legal industry, we emphasize trust, explainability, reliability, security, and data protection. Every claim and clients counts.
- Excellence: we surround ourselves with excellent colleagues and partners who want to build the best products, with high independence, enthusiasm and drive to make a real change.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to contribute to building and scaling a cutting-edge product at the frontier of LLM development
- Chance to tackle some of the hardest unsolved LLM product and engineering problems in the world
- Chance to contribute to shaping the future of the legal system, with vast market and impact potential
- Competitive salary with equity
- Flexible work arrangements, with access to a vibrant community of innovators at the AI Campus in Berlin
As a full-stack engineer you will help design and build Libra’s software infrastructure.
- End-to-end development of software product and features
- Help build the engineering organisation, reporting directly to the CTO
- Tackle complex engineering challenges within AI and software infrastructure, as well as interface design, for the legal industry.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain the software architecture with a focus on legal market needs, including trust, explainability, security, and data protection.
You are a driven engineer with a demonstrated quality to build world-class, end-to-end, software products.
- 5+ years of experience in full-stack engineering
- Generality and ability to move across the stack
- Solid grasp of algorithms and data structures.
- Strong drive to shape the future of the legal system
- Prior startup experience.
- Exposure to product development in sensitive industries like legaltech, fintech, insurtech, or self-driving vehicles.
- Experience with UI/UX and product design
- Expertise in designing data security processes.